Learn How to Setup your Camera
Help center: https://revlhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
See the Quickstart guide here: https://revl.com/pages/quick-start-guide
See the short video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsZ05v-JwwxkIcGPwwFOzuXV28VCv9CbF
Remove the Lens ProtectorThe lens protection tape is for packaging purposes only. It is not reusable.
How to Remove the Motor, MicroSD Card, and Battery
Revl App: Pairing, Manual Pairing, and Troubleshooting
Before you use your camera, we recommend updating the firmware to the latest version for the best results. Since manufacturing, the firmware versions on your camera may have become outdated due to the continuous improvements we make to the firmware.
What is firmware?
Firmware is the software that runs on your Revl Arc camera. We periodically update this firmware to improve image quality, improve image & camera stabilization, and fix any bugs we have found.
How do I install the firmware?
To install updated firmware on your camera, the easiest way is through the Revl iOS/Android app. The app will notify you when updated firmware is available so you can choose to install it. You can also check for firmware updates by going into Capture > Settings in the app.
Click on the link for firmware update instructions & screenshots: https://revl.com/pages/firmware-update
You can also update the firmware manually without the Revl app (5 minutes). If you prefer to do the firmware update manually, click on the link for instructions: https://revl.com/pages/manual-firmware-update
After updating the firmware, do an IMU Recalibration:
After the firmware has been updated, we recommend running a recalibration. This will only take 2 minutes and can be done with the app.
Once you have connected the camera to the app, on the main page select the CAPTURE button> select settings (wrench icon)> select “IMU Recalibration” from the menu.
Enable EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization):
To enable EIS, go to the main page of the app> select the CAPTURE button > select the settings (wrench icon)> toggle on EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization)
How to do a Factory Reset
MicroSD Memory Cards
Use a Class 10, UHS-1 or higher MicroSd card. Maximum capacity is 128gb.
How do I charge my batteries?
- + You need 1 Battery, camera, USB cable, and a USB power adapter
- + USB power adapters: The camera is compatible with USB power adapters used to charge your smartphone, simply plug in the Revl Micro USB cable included in the camera package.
- + Charging a battery to 100% = 1.5 hours of charging time when using a charging adapter.
- + Insert the battery into the camera > close the battery door > connect the USB cable to the camera and a power adapter > hold down the oval button for 5 seconds to power off the camera > LED light will turn orange to indicate charging
- + The camera will only charge when it is powered OFF:
- + If SD card is not inserted when attempting to charge, the camera will turn on for 10 seconds and then shut off to begin charging.
- + If SD card is inserted when attempting to charge, the camera will stay powered on for 5 minutes. It will then turn off automatically and begin to charge. Make sure to hold the oval button down for 5 seconds to power OFF so that it will begin charging promptly.
- + You can charge the camera by connecting it to a computer. If you choose to do so wait until the camera boots and shows USB icon, then hold the oval button for 5 seconds to turn OFF. Please note, it takes a longer time to charge the batteries with a computer.
Navigating the Menu, Settings, and Video Settings
You can adjust the Image Resolution within the app OR directly on the camera.
Please note, the higher the resolution used, the shorter the battery life will be and the larger the files. We recommend using 1080p 60fps for the best results and flexibility. Using this resolution will give you great battery life and the option to use slow motion.
If used in salt water, always wash the camera under fresh water immediately after use. Make sure the camera and motor are attached to each other when running under water to ensure waterproofness, DO NOT wash these components when they are detached.
The salt crystals from the salt water will cause damage to your motor and it will stop working.
Avoid getting sand or debris in the motor and Quick-Mount mechanism. If sand or debris jams the Quick-Mount mechanism, flush particles by repetitively squeezing the Quick-Mount under fresh water with the camera attached.
Always Use the Safety Leash
Your camera package includes a black leash for your camera. Use the leash at all times for extra security.
Lens BumperThe purpose of the bumpers is to protect the lens shroud from damage. It is important to install the bumper correctly in order to avoid blocking the microphone.
Powering on, Recording Video, and Taking Photos
View the Footage
There are 2 ways to view the footage: through the app or on a computer
You are not required to use the app to view your footage. The app is a part of the Revl ecosystem but is optional to use. The camera can function without the app.
To view the footage through the app and view the data playback, download the iOS or Android app from the following stores:
Google Play store: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.revl
To view the files on a computer:
- You can view the footage on a computer by directly connecting the camera to the computer with the included Micro USB cable.
- Once the Arc is plugged into a computer, a window titled “AutoPlay” will open> select “Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer”> Select “DCIM” folder> Select “100_REVL” > Select any “.MP4” file to view your video files
- Open “Computer”> Select “REVL” under “Devices with Removable Storage” list > Select “DCIM” folder >Select “100_REVL” > Select any “.MP4” file to view your video files
- Open Finder > Devices > Select device “Revl”> Select “DCIM” folder> Select “100_REVL”>Select any “.MP4” file to view your video files
You will see 4 files types (.CSV, .LRV, .THM, .MP4) per video in your memory card, do not delete the extra files if you would like to view the video data playback in the app.
Only the .MP4 file is needed for video editing on a computer.
How to use the Kite Line Mount
Always use the security leash to avoid accidental loss.